Message Center Problems?

Guest ncm2169
This topic is 7358 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest ncm2169

Is it just me, or have others experienced intermittent problems accessing the Message Board over the past month, including several hours last night? Is this a lingering problem with Nightmare Weaver, or some other glitch? For several hours last night I couldn't access the Board at all, and then when I was successful, I sent two posts, both of which showed up on the Main page as the newest post in the Lounge, but neither of which appeared in the Lounge itself, and all traces of them have disappeared today.

And before the usual suspects in the Amen Corner start reminding me that the site is free, I know that - I'm just inquiring. :o

Maybe Hoo or Daddy will see this and answer in detail but I'll give it a shot with what I know. They can correct or expand.

At least 2 possibly 3 servers are dedicated to running this site. Some of that equipment is original as in the same equipment used from day 1. By tech standards that is very old. It's being replaced which is one of the reasons for the move to Dream Weaver. New equipment doesn't support Front Page extensions.

The combination of old equipment, new replacements and a total change in the software have caused some unscheduled downtime.

How's that?

Barry :)

Archived