Bill Gates Makes Huge Promise

Huey
This topic is 7439 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

He has the financial means and the technology available to him. So maybe, just maybe he will be the one to succeed. Do you think he can actually do it? I hope so :).

Bill Gates: I'll kill spam

MICROSOFT boss Bill Gates yesterday declared war on junk emails — vowing to rid the world of them in two years.

The mega-rich tycoon, 48, said firms sending out unsolicited mailshots — called “spam” by computer users — could face fines from internet chiefs.

His hi-tech empire was also developing filters to block the 40 per cent of emails sent worldwide which are junk.

Mr Gates made his pledge in a speech to the World Economic Forum at Davos in Switzerland.

Guest fukamarine

>He has the financial means and the technology available to

>him. So maybe, just maybe he will be the one to succeed. Do

>you think he can actually do it? I hope so :).

>

>Bill Gates: I'll kill spam

>MICROSOFT boss Bill Gates yesterday declared war on junk

>emails — vowing to rid the world of them in two years.

>Mr Gates made his pledge in a speech to the World Economic

>Forum at Davos in Switzerland.

Such a busy man - I hear he's about to be given a knighthood by Queen Elizabeth. Hope he can afford to get all his personal stationery changed to reflect his exaulted status.

fukamarine

>Bill Gates: I'll kill spam

>MICROSOFT boss Bill Gates yesterday declared war on junk

>emails — vowing to rid the world of them in two years.

Whenever Gates appears to do something altruistic, there is a benefit to Microsoft behind the promise. My conclusion would be that "I'll rid the world of SPAM if you buy this new widget". There is a lot of history of Gates pulling this sort of thing.

Personally, I'd like nothing better than to not have to sort out 500 pieces of SPAM from my 3 real e-mails every morning.

Meanwhile, spamarrest.com is a nice first step...

--EBG

Archived