Trilingual's Multiple Personality Disorders

ad rian
This topic is 7833 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Trilingual keeps asserting that various people posting on the Board have multiple handles. My understanding is that is not possible unless people are using different IP addresses which seems unlikely to me. Is someone really going to have separate AOL, Earthlink, Attglobal etc. accounts from which to log in? Can you confirm once and for all that this is not possible so that he can find a new song to sing? Thanks.

I believe registering a new "handle" here only requires a unique email address....one not already assigned to an identity. Most people have multiple email addy's and getting more is no problem.

Using IP's would not be practical since most services use dynamic IP's, assigning, releasing and reassigning them as people login and logout. I used to have a static (fixed) IP but got rid of it after a large number of hacker assaults.

Barry

Back to School

>Trilingual keeps asserting that various people posting on the

>Board have multiple handles. My understanding is that is not

>possible unless people are using different IP addresses which

>seems unlikely to me. Is someone really going to have

>separate AOL, Earthlink, Attglobal etc. accounts from which to

>log in? Can you confirm once and for all that this is not

>possible so that he can find a new song to sing? Thanks.

http://www.ezshots.com/members/blueman/images/blueman-77.jpg

>Using IP's would not be practical since most services use

>dynamic IP's, assigning, releasing and reassigning them as

>people login and logout. I used to have a static (fixed) IP

>but got rid of it after a large number of hacker assaults.

Well, I just learned something then. I have two addresses linked to the same account, but one is for regular communications, and the other is for these on-line communications. I always assumed that the underlying IP address stayed constant except for three digits or so at the end. I now can see though that unless they are fixed completely, this would not work. Interesting! Now, How come Trilingual is such an expert on this?

Archived