Sorting by last updated/migrating room to room

Guest ncm2169
This topic is 7822 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest ncm2169

I have two questions: first, the topics seem to be sorted by number of replies as opposed to last updated, as in the past. Is this a user preference issue? If so, how do I change it?

Second, the ability to migrate from room to room seems to have disappeared. I have to go back to "Main" if I want to change rooms. Again, am I doing something wrong?

Thanks and good luck fine tuning!:-)

Guest ncm2169

FYI, the "sorting by # of replies" occurred when I was using my AOL browser. I'm now using IE 5.1, and they're sorted by last updated. Don't know if it's a browser issue, or whether you corrected it before I switched browsers.

• 5 weeks later...

>Second, the ability to migrate from room to room seems to

>have disappeared. I have to go back to "Main" if I want to

>change rooms.

Daddy,

this is another residual thing from the changeover. In the old software there was a pull-down menu at the bottom right of each thread which could be used to move to another forum. Now there is the pull-down rating menu there instead.

It would be very handy if the forum-to-forum navigation menu could be restored. I don't know if it can be restored in addition to the rating menu or if it is a choice between them, but if it is a choice I vote enthusiastically for the navigation menu.

I have already said in another thread why I think the thread-rating should be done away with, especially since it is mostly disused. If the rating menu is preventing the restoration of the navigation menu, that's just another reason for doing away with the thread ratings.

Archived