Read New Doesn't work for me.

honcho
This topic is 7846 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The following happens to me, even after I've logged in ( and after having hit "Mark" while being logged in the previous day):

Following query failed:

INSERT INTO dcsearchcache VALUES('', '3dd42b806c5bcfc2', NOW(), '4', '2882', '0', 'off', '20000907152321', '20000911203617', 'Campus Montreal', 'JustLookin'', 'alankay', '2')

I've had the same result with Internet Explorer, Netscape 4.72 on Windows 2000 and Mozilla under RedHat linux 7.3.

Also, hitting <ESC> wipes out everything I've just typed(irretrievably, under Internet Explorer).

Being involved with the education system in one way or another for the entirety of my life (I currently do technical support at a public university), I believe that any question genuinely asked (i.e. not for rhetorical value), is NEVER a dumb question, and that much can be learned by paying attention to answers given to other people's questions.

Now, all that being said, suddenly, read new is working for me, and I had completely forgotten about that preference item. It was checked, but possibly Daddy went through and fixed everybody's choice in that regard? (Or, maybe it was the default.)

Archived