starting an adult video business

Guest ALLEE
This topic is 8187 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm planning to turn my hobby (taking pics/vids of nude males) into something "profitable" and sell them over the internet. Looking for some advice on how to go about this.

I have read a couple of books on how to start a business, but need more specifics. How do you classify this business? Do you need to state in the application that you'll be dealing with adult materials, or can you get away by simply stating it's a photography/videography business? Aside from the regular business license, what other permits do I need? Do's and dont's, etc.

Any first hand experience or if you know a good book or other resources dealing specifically with setting up an adult video business, e-mail me at AllanKLee@aol.com with 'Male Video' in the subject so I won't delete it (hate those junk mails!). Thanks in advance.

allan

I'm planning to turn my hobby (taking pics/vids of nude males) into something "profitable" and sell them over the internet. Looking for some advice on how to go about this.

I have read a couple of books on how to start a business, but need more specifics. How do you classify this business? Do you need to state in the application that you'll be dealing with adult materials, or can you get away by simply stating it's a photography/videography business? Aside from the regular business license, what other permits do I need? Do's and dont's, etc.

Any first hand experience or if you know a good book or other resources dealing specifically with setting up an adult video business, e-mail me at AllanKLee@aol.com with 'Male Video' in the subject so I won't delete it (hate those junk mails!). Thanks in advance.

allan

A quick short list:

1. Get signed model releases

2. Get 2 forms of ID, one with a picture

3. Don't sleep with the models....you'll get a bad reputation

4. Make sure you get good lighting for your projects

5. Make sure that if you do video, you get a 3-chip digital camera

6. If you do video, make sure you are able to edit it in a computer - most come with software or you can get inexpensive software at Comp USA, Best Buy or Circuit City

7. Be steady when you get the cum shot

That's all for now. I've been doing this for 4.5 years

Cheers,

Eric Magyar

[http://ericmagyar.com]

A quick short list:

1. Get signed model releases

2. Get 2 forms of ID, one with a picture

3. Don't sleep with the models....you'll get a bad reputation

4. Make sure you get good lighting for your projects

5. Make sure that if you do video, you get a 3-chip digital camera

6. If you do video, make sure you are able to edit it in a computer - most come with software or you can get inexpensive software at Comp USA, Best Buy or Circuit City

7. Be steady when you get the cum shot

That's all for now. I've been doing this for 4.5 years

Cheers,

Eric Magyar

[http://ericmagyar.com]

Guest Kenny021

I've sent you private email but not sure if it went thru...if it didn't let me know and I will do again.

Eric makes excellent points as you'll see if you get my email).

For Eric: Where do you find your models...my big problem. I don't look like you so it's difficult if not impossible to find suitable guys.

Eric

I was looking more for information on the administrative side of the biz, e.g getting a license, forms to file, permits, etc. Also, I like my vids to have an amateur-ish look, so I'm not too worried about lighting or using a high-res 3ccd cam. I've been taking pics and videos for a while too, but for my personal use only. Appreciate the reply, though.

AL

Guest Kenny021

I've sent you private email but not sure if it went thru...if it didn't let me know and I will do again.

Eric makes excellent points as you'll see if you get my email).

For Eric: Where do you find your models...my big problem. I don't look like you so it's difficult if not impossible to find suitable guys.

Eric

I was looking more for information on the administrative side of the biz, e.g getting a license, forms to file, permits, etc. Also, I like my vids to have an amateur-ish look, so I'm not too worried about lighting or using a high-res 3ccd cam. I've been taking pics and videos for a while too, but for my personal use only. Appreciate the reply, though.

AL

Archived