A puzzlement

Guest Thunderbuns
This topic is 7944 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Thunderbuns

I am using Internet Explorer and am having trouble downloading pictures.

Previously when I clicked on "save" the picture was saved as a jpeg format.

A few days ago it changed to bitmap (without any changes having been made by me) After a few days it was back to jpeg again and then today it is back to bitmap.

How can this happen without me consciously making a change - and more importantly - how do I change it back to jpeg?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thunderbuns

IE allows you to save any picture in its original format or as a bitmap file. For example. if you click on a jpeg file, you can save it as a jpeg or as a bitmap. If you click on a gif file, you can save that as a gif file or as a bitmap.

As far as I know, there is no option in Internet Exploer that controls the default format for saving pictures.

You can check the format of the picture before you attempt to save it by right-clicking on the picture and selecting the properties command.

I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, empty your cache and things will be back to normal. TOOLS, Internet Options, Temporary Items. May takle five minutes or so. Save jpgs as jpgs again.

You're downloading more dirty pictures than Microsoft wants you to :-)

Have fun!

MrB

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Thunderbuns

>I have had the same thing happen to me - not just here but

>with other sites as well. Sometimes just closing the

>browser 're-sets' the default.

I took MrB's advice and empty my cache whenever I have this problem. Works like a charm!

Thunderbuns

Archived