Color Blind

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 8231 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Someone posted a messsage that mentioned that they were color blind and was having troubles with some of the Icons. I consider this to be very IMPORTANT as I have worked several times in research studies in this area.

Please! Please! Please! Reply to this message and give me details, so that I can pass it on and/or update the icons that are problematic.

I suspect that your having problems with specific pairs of Icons (i.e. You've seen this one vs. You've not seen this one). Please be as specific as you can. While I can spot some of the more obvious ones and will submit them, I NEED your input!

Guys, please stay off this thread unless a) You have these types of problems or b) You have specific technical knowledge of color perseption research. Thanks for your understanding.

Guest Esc_Tracker

Hi Daddy,

I think I am the one who mentioned colour blindness. There are many different kinds of colour impairedness, so I can only speak for myself.

The only icon pair that is causing me some difficulty is the little "note pad and pencil" icon next to an initial posting. All I can see is a mild shade difference between a read and an unread item. I am inferring that the icon is blue when unread and grey or purple when read, but this is just a guess on my part.

I am not sure what to suggest as a different colour scheme as what works for me may not work for someone else.

Archived