techie question re. printing

Guest jizzdepapi
This topic is 8345 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest jizzdepapi

hi to any computer geeks out there.

i'm having trouble with my computer when i print. Windows ME and Lexmark Z52 with the appropriate driver.

i can print anything fine on my computer (i usually go into print properties and specify (in lexmark's verbiage) PROPERTIES = BLACK and PRINT QUALITY = DRAFT) but after i print i can no longer operate my computer and need to reboot. for the record, i sometimes print in color with a higher resolution and the same thing happens.

when i first started having problems i got two pop-up boxes which said some technobabble about spool32.exe and printray.

can anyone think of an easy fix or do i need to throw my computer and printer away and mail to anthony holloway?

thanks,

jizz

p.s.: for the record, i also have Norton SystemWorks installed on my computer but keep System Doctor turned off.

Guest bottomboykk

Have you tried reinstalling the driver, or looking for a new driver from Lexmark's web site? Your driver may have become corrupted. That is an extremely common problem, and in my limited experience is the cause of around 90% of printing problems.

Otherwise, check out their web site for FAQs or other forms of tech support.

Good luck!

Guest jizzdepapi

ill give it a shot. just think: might need a techie papi to pay me an in-call for several reasons.

thanks

jizz

Archived