old pages

Guest dickhawaiikai
This topic is 8378 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest dickhawaiikai

Several times lately (today for example) I've tried to access Newest Reviews and gotten instead a page that's several days old. Clicking on "reload" or "refresh" has not solved the problem. Once (on May 5), the page that came up was almost a week old (April 30) --and that was definitely not the most recent one I had viewed. I had been checking repeatedly because I had a review scheduled to be uploaded that day. This has happened when using both Explorer and Netscape. Any ideas?

Re Netscape, I know that this site is basically designed for use with Explorer, but some people seem to be using Netscape with no problem. I can occasionally log on that way (it just worked now, for example), but about 70% of the time the home page appears but the links to other pages never do. Any suggestion?

Yes. Clear Temporary Items (MSE) or cache (Netscape) and under View set to the smallest font size, then reload. That works.

Have fun!!

MrB

Guest trekker

>Yes. Clear Temporary Items (MSE) or

>cache (Netscape) and under View

>set to the smallest font

>size, then reload. That works.

That's weird. Clear Temporary Items or Cache I understand. But why should the font size have anything to do with it?

I don't know. Hoo told me to try this when I had the same problem months ago, I was obedient and I had no regrets :-) Your font size needs to be set to the smallest possible. You can change it back to your preferred size after you've loaded the page, but you'll need to decrease it every once in a while.

Nothing's ever as big as you want it all the time :-) but we learn to live with that.

Have fun

MrB

Archived