You have new messages in your inbox

Guest Tampa Yankee
This topic is 8532 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Tampa Yankee

I have had at least three occurences of the above notification without finding any 'new' messages in my inbox (the latest just prior to this post). After two of them and before the third I did receive a notification and did find a 'new' message waiting -- so this may be an intermittent occurence or... possibly a buffer limit issue (although I only had five messages in the queue). Any ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tampa Yankee

Status update...

The anomalous appearance of the 'new messages in your inbox' indicator seems to be tied to logging in. While remaining logged in over several sessions, the anomalous behavior never showed but upon logging out and then logging in on my next visit -- low and behold -- I got the indicator again, with no waiting message, of course. I haven't completely verified this trend yet but ... this clue might help isolate the bug.

Archived