George Harrison%3A Who Were the Soundtracks of Your Life?

Guest soccerstud
This topic is 8203 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest soccerstud

George Harrison: He was "the soundtrack of my life."

--PM Tony Blair today

What musicians rocked your life in your formative years, whose music you danced to and couldn't get out of your head? And where does that rate you on the Kinsey Music Scale?

For me: Of course Elvis and the Beatles during college and for 10 years thereafter. Chuck Berry, Fats Domino, Everly Brothers (am I giving away my age), Beach Boys, Ricky Nelson, Dylan, and so many groups of the '60's. Not before and not since has music been so instrumental (sorry for that) than in the '60's and during the war protests. And, of course, Streisand, Middler, Manilow. I guess they make me a 5.

Thanks, George Harrison. May the Sun now always come your way and may you now avoid the Taxman forever.

:) :) :) :)

The soundtrack of my life, for their words and their music: Joni Mitchell, The Beatles, Paul Simon, CSN&Y, Cat Stevens and Nick Drake.

Bruce Springsteen, especially his live bootleg CDs. I remember helping him unload his equipment at a gig at the gym at a college in 1974. Bruce took up the cause of the Vietnam vet. At his last Madison Square Garden concerts (2000), Bruce introduced "American Skin," about

police brutality in NY. He was very sexy in his 20s and 30s and Bruce has also aged well. Great question. It's nice to get a break from Jon, Emillio and Premiere.

Archived