Gay sites in UAE, Oman, and especially Iran.

sandia911
This topic is 5612 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Gay sites in UAE, Oman, and especially Iran.

I am traveling with a laptop to the Middle East, specifically UAE, Oman, and Iran for a period lasting several months. I know that in Iran especially certain websites are blocked or filtered out through keywords. My question is how do locals, or expats get around these restrictions? Specifically, I'm talking about ananomyzers, (or websites that break through blocks, I tried anonymouse dot org, against the Chinese firewall, and the results were mixed). Some websites came out fine, others were all mixed around, and unusable. Specific websites I need to access are personals sites, or sites with user profiles, pictures, and ability to contact other members. I DO NOT need to access political, or news sites, just personal sites important only to me. Some of these sites are gay-specific, like gayromeo, or gaydar.

Thanks.

Archived