Suthisarn Station (subway) on Ratchadapisek Road

mjd
This topic is 6916 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am staying at The Grand Hotel on Ratchadapisek Road, a large business hotel which is a few minutes from the Suthisarn Station of the subway.

Is this near Saphan Kwai, Sukuvit? Would it be difficult to get guys from the Patpong bars to come out there for short term or overnight? How much extra should I give them for transportation home?

Thanks very much!

Guest icon513

You will be fairly close to Saphan Kwai, which is just a straight shot down Suthisarn Road (which the subway stop is named for), to where it becomes Pradiphat Road.

Don't worry, though: bar boys will go ANYWHERE with you for a trick, and many of them may well live closer to your hotel than to the bars they work at anyway.

I'd tip the usual amount for short time (1,000 to 1,500 baht, or $25 to $40, with 1,000 baht for a not-very-exciting experience and 1,500 baht for a fully satisfactory one), plus maybe an extra 100 baht for taxi fare. For an overnight tip, my usual range would be 1,500 to 2,000 baht. There are a lot of people out there who will tell you to tip less; I personally like to err on the side of generosity.

Guest rampo

In my experience a taxi between Saphan Kwai and the Patpong runs about 70 to 75 baht (roughly $2 US), so an extra 100 baht for taxi fare should be more than adequate to cover most destinations.

Archived