New Year's in Thailand, 2006: Where Would You Be???

This topic is 6948 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

i had a trip planned in Thailand from May 09, 2005, until June something! This trip has been rebooked; now my tour should be from 15 December until 30 December. Afterwards, I will be traveling solo to Phuket, Pattaya, and back to Bangkok for two or more additional weeks. I will now be in Thailand during the New Year but am undecided as to where I shall be, Bangkok, Pattaya, or Phuket during this time.

If you were in my shoes, which of the three places would provide a most unusual experience for me during this particular time (New Year 2006)? I hope I get some takers. Serious answers only, please, fellows......!! :-) :-) :-)

Guest rampo

My ranking would be:

1. Phuket

2. Bangkok

3. Pattaya

I spend alot of time in Pattaya, but I don't think a New Year's Eve there would be that much more special than any other time of year. Phuket has a bit more polish than Pattaya and I think the atmosphere of the Paradise Complex is more conducive to an entertaining block party. Bangkok is number 2 simply because there's always something impressive going on for New Year's in big cities.

The fact is, any of the places will be fun as long as you have a bottle of whiskey with setups and a bevy of barboys surrounding you wishing you "Sawatdee pee mai." All places will have fireworks displays. But if I had to choose, Phuket would be first choice.

Archived