Travelupdate - Thailand - LIVE

Casteran
This topic is 6950 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Greetings Hooville - LIVE from Thailand. Thought I would start a brief travelogue on my journey. Should any of you be in ChiangMai or Phuket in the next days - email me - perhaps we can share a dinner or two.

April - Thailand -hot and humid - it rained yesterday for a few minutes and actually made the temp and humidity drop - so evening was pleasant - at least for Thailand.

In Bangkok

Went to Lop Buri today with private guide from Utopia Tours - very nice young man with good knowledge of the area - his name is Nicky should anyone list to request a guide (guide only no hanky panky) - he joined me for dinner later that evening at Sphinx - Soi 4 - nice place less visited but in gay Soi.

Two nights went to the following go-go bars

X-Treme - don't waste your time

Fresh Boys - not bad - mamasan rather pushy

Dream Boyz - lots to chose from but more tops in the crowd - if you like that..... shows are not too bad - range from ladyboy dancing to sex shows and everything in between.

My favourite was Future Boys - mamasan was nice - did not push. Spent two nights in the row with #15 (Ma) - cute Thai boi - very fun in private.... :-)

Off to ChiangMai - better leave now so not to miss my flight - will update when I can -

Hope all is well in Hooville and U.S.! but who cares I'm in the land of smiles!

Update #2 - Chiang Mai - hot humid! 98 degrees past three days all sun....gotta love this country. I was told today that there are two seasons - hot and very hot - I agree.

ChiangMai is a mix of cultures from Burma, Laos, and IndoChina - so boys vary in looks. Overall city is interesting with Elephant Park and Doi Suthep Wat easy to visit - I had private guides my two days here - went to Lamphung today - mostly temples, but enjoyed horse carriage ride around city and temples.

Staying at Sheraton Chiangmai - a little off the beaten path - but they have tuk-tuks and bus to take you to night market - some gay bars in that area - with limited boys around. Go-GO bars are north old city about 20-30 min by tuktuk from Sheraton - limited selection of boys - but it is off season and very hot.

Off to Phuket tomorrow. Yes, internet access is very easy to find in Thailand - I am sitting at hotel business center or internet cafes can be found.

Guest rampo

>Update #2 - Chiang Mai - hot humid! 98 degrees past three

>days all sun....gotta love this country. I was told today

>that there are two seasons - hot and very hot - I agree.

Chiang Mai can get chilly in the "cold" season. The Halloween I was there a few years back it actually dropped into the upper 40s in the evening and can get colder in December and January. My Thai boyfriend simply won't visit there any more for that time of year. That Halloween his skin actually turned ashy and he broke out in hives from the cold. The days still managed to get up to about 80, though.

RE: Travelupdate - Thailand - LIVE PHUKET UPDATE ADDED

Quick update from Phuket - weather is great - beach is great, most everything is open and running - almost like nothing happened. Bars and boys are plentiful = gay beach is still by police (now tsunami watch tower) area. very many people the past few days.

WARNING - Uncle Charleys Boyz - pushy and expensive - wants you to pay upfront AND be careful of AGE.....they have some boys under 18......so BE CAREFUL.

Visit Phuket - having a great time

Guest Tampa Yankee

Thanks for the updates. Keep em coming. :) Happy to hear that Phuket seems back on its feet.

>Thanks for the updates. Keep em coming. :) Happy to hear

>that Phuket seems back on its feet.

I ditto the above assessment and thank you for keeping us abreast of your travels. I am living what you wrote really vicariously.

Right now I am saddened because I had to cancel my prepaid trip which was to have begun on 09 May because while I was in Santo Domingo (the Republic Dominica) in February, I fell into a deep drainage area and tore a ligament which has since led to my having to have surgery performed to reattach, etc. My initial recovery time is to be between six to eight weeks, thus I had to cancel my Thailand trip!

I don't plan to give up; I plan to rebook for sometime during 2006, and apparently this is a great time to go!

Too bad you had to cancel - make to sure to reschedule. Have left Phuket and am in KL off to Singapore tomorrow. Have already met a cutie KL boy - they are SO friendly and just love foreigners! Might take him to Singapore with me - but we will see.

Phuket - GO! their economy is suffering terribly - the locals are getting desperate for business and many are considering moving on. THe boys are starting to come back and the choices are many! I would try to avoid Charlie Boyz - as I stated the Mamasan was pushy, had daggers in her eyes because I off'd one boy for 5 days...she got her fee but wanted more because I did not visit her bar for drinks, etc - we got in a bit of argument - was kind of funny thinking about it. The boy I spent the days with, I sent him back to ChiangMai as he didn't want to be Phuket anymore - he cried at the airport when I put him on his flight....kinda had a tear in my eye too......

No more updates as my trip is winding down - will have a couple of days in Tokyo but will but anything of note when I get back to U.S.

Signing off from Asia!

Guest Tampa Yankee

Casteran,

Thanks again for the update. Very interested to hear about the Tokyo scene when you have time. Definitely on my to do list one day.

RE: Travelupdate - Thailand - Final thoughts and Tokyo

Greetings - back in the U.S. and what culture shock - domestic flight was noisy, pushy, and just could not wait for it to end.

My trip ended on a bad note as I was interigated at Detroit customs for 1 hr about my entire trip - they demanded to see all the photos I took - I do take photos of the boys I meet but only face shots - so nothing really peaked their interest, but did ask lots of questions about who they were.

All in all a great trip - weather, "friends" and a great tan!

Tokyo was quite pleasant - very crowded as it was Golden Week - major holiday in Japan. Stayed near Imperial Gardens, beautiful. Very hard to get around Tokyo and everything is VERY expensive, except meeting boys. Used a local agency King Of College and overnight was only 400USD. Great guy and just a cute as a button.

If anyone wants particular info just email me directly.

Two month hiatus for personal reasons, but Montreal Pride is only three months away!

>My trip ended on a bad note as I was interigated at Detroit

>customs for 1 hr about my entire trip - they demanded to see

>all the photos I took - I do take photos of the boys I meet

>but only face shots - so nothing really peaked their interest,

>but did ask lots of questions about who they were.

Well this is interesting. What photos did they want to see? The ones that were on your camera, or did they expect you to turn on your computer and show all the pics you have sitting on your hard drive. That would be an interesting search for me, as though I have nothing that could get me in trouble on my hard drive, there are quite a few "interesting" pics! LOL

>

>Two month hiatus for personal reasons, but Montreal Pride is

>only three months away!

See you there!

They looked at all the photos on my digital discs - then asked if I had a computer with photos loaded - I did not. I have to assume they were looking for sexually explicit photos with minors. As the two agents did ask how old each person was in photos several times - the photos were just head shots.

Can't wait for Montreal!

Archived