Malaysia Airlines to Bangkok!

Guest msclonly
This topic is 7052 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest msclonly

Has anyone flown on Malaysia Air LAX-BKK in Business Class?

And what conclusions did you dray about it Any comparison to other Airline experiences?

I am ready for an alternative airline experience to BKK having tired of NW, and using NRT as the connecting point.

Has anyone used a consolidator for purchasing their tickets?

Thanks.

:+

Guest msclonly

I agree, except First Class in Cathay Pacific was terrific. Value $13,000.00 Roundtrip two years in a row.

Even Business or Coarch Class would be nice.

What class are you referring to on Singapore?

But it is hard to beat the price on Malaysis for Business Classot BKK!

But would be interested in any special fares, bucket or otherwise, on Thai Air.

After flying on the old 742 has onNW LAX-NRT, I am ready for a new upgraded service to BKK and avoid NRT! :+ :+

Malaysia has refitted cabins and NEW seats out of LAX, which is enough reason to bypass NW!

}( }(

I flew from New York City to Bangkok with EVA Airlines via Taiwan. They have an additional section on their flights as kind of a coach-plus, where for about $200 more roundtrip you get a wider seat and more space between the aisles.I was very happy with my flights, the fares were reasonable and would gladly fly via EVA again.

ag

It is probably hard to compare as I live in Sydney. However, I have found an ATW ticket is better.

A quote on UA SYD-LAX-SYD in Business Class was A$8500. However, a first class ATW ticket on SQ and UA was only A$9200. No brainer. Lots more flying but I got to see Andreas in Berlin and Steve Kelsen in London that way.

Hey guys, please enlighten me. Although I don't plan to fly to Asia anytime soon, I am astounded by the prices you mentioned.

$13,000.00 Is this for real?

I flew into Hong Kong ten years ago, for a business deal, and back then, it was $3500, on United, for a business class trip. Back then we thought it was a lot of money, but there was SO much at stake with this particular deal that it didn't matter.

Considering that the prices of flights, to almost anywhere (especially Europe) (I've been to London 3x in the last year for much less than it costs to go to CA), I find it hard to believe these Asian prices.

Any thoughts, guys ?

hd NYC

Guest msclonly

Cathay Pacific First Class on AmerAir award.

Yes, the price would have been over $11,000.oo far enough in advance, but became $13,000.00 close to departure!

No, I would not pay that, but it is a wonderful way to travel and arrive totally refreshed in both directions with the flat bed seats, designer label knit flight lounge suit/pajamas, Krug champagne and cavier throughout the whole flight, and meals at the time you want them.

The duvet covers are nice to sleep on and under.

It was a major bargain using some old American Airline miles.

THe finest service both on the plane and in the airport lounges. The Hong Kong lounge has private Spa suites with bathtubs for a good soak, or shower, and shave before going on to BKK.

There are Gourmet Buffets all day or ala carte menu with more fine wines or whatever you could desire along with special coffee and tea to drink.

The biggest treat for me was sampling the two special teas for First Class. Monkey Picked Ti Kuan Yin tea costing about $100.00 a pound became my favorite on the flight and filled in all the time, that I was not drinking Krug. Am enjoying it as I write now. My niece sent it as a Xmas present after I told her how marvelous it is. This cup is about the 4th infusion of the day and am ready for another. It is the most refreshing tea, that I have ever had. It is so much better, then when I was a coffee addict for over 2/3 of my life, over 18 years ago.

The other tea was Silver Needle Jasmine Fujian. Very good, but not as big of a hit with me. Unfortunately, most people don't like tea because they think Lipton black tea is the only tea available. And I wouldn't drink any Lipton tea even if it were free! YUK!

Two years ago, I spent 3 days in Hong Kong on the way back from BKK to shop in an authetic Tea Leave shop and bought several teas. But they don't compare to what you can get at http://www.specialteas.com in Conneticut for really good tea. As you might know, major research has proven the many benefits of green teas in preventing heart disease, cancer, anti-aging, cholesterol, immune system support, etc. etc. It will make you look younger due to all the anti-oxidents contained in green and red teas.

:9 :9 :9

Archived