What is Current Impact of Tsunami on Bangkok Activity?

AdMan500
This topic is 7056 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I am planning a trip to Thailand later this month and into February. Given this is the normal high season, can anyone comment on the level of activity in BKK and Pattaya? Any recent experiences or comments regarding hotel availability, number of customers, and overall activity? I am just starting my contacts.

I plan to try a few of the massage places others have commented on. I normally avoid them but thought I would try a few of the recommended ones for something different.

I also plan to try a different living arrangement as although I have been pretty well satisfied with Tarntawan Hotel, it seems like I see too many locals I know and then don't try other places enough. I plan to either try a different hotel such as Pinnacle or look for longer term serviced apartment near area. I walk around anyway so a bit further from Surawong is fine.

I always appreciate the factual insights of board members here. thanks.

Asked the same question a few weeks ago. Will be in Pattaya this weekend for 4 weeks.

Hotel booking (Ambience) OK for the first few days and they say that they can probably help me out for a few extra days.

My intention is to rent a Condo or Studio. One company has several rooms available. The other I e-mailed is full...

Hope this helps!

Gerefan

Guest icon513

Word on the streets is the Albury has lots the lease on its premises, and has nowhere to relocate to. If Albury is your favorite, better get in your last licks while you still can. (Hero, within walking distance, is just as good, in my opinion).

AdMan500

Further to my earlier post replying to your question.

I am now in Pattaya and it seems quite busy although some of lesser known the Go Go bars are pretty quiet.

I eventaully found a condo but it was touch and go. word on the street is that everything is fully booked.

Suggest that you book right now if you want accommodation in Pattaya.

Gerefan

Archived