october in Bangkok and Pattaya ?

blumpet
This topic is 7223 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi,

I may have holliday beginning of october.

I read that it is not the best time to come and that it is raining a lot.

Is it as bad of that ? I mean is it really raining all the time or there are only some showers from time to time ?

Beside, I guess there are less tourist. What about the boy. Do they disapear as well or are they as many as in high season ?

Thanks in advance for your advice

Guest msclonly

It is suppose to be the end of the very rainy season, and flooding has not been uncommon.

But about 10 years ago, I went around Oct 22 for the BIG ECLIPSE occuring over Thailand and it was glorious sunshine, but the remains of the rain and flooding was still visible in areas of BKK. Much to my surprise, I don't even remember any humidity, which I avoid.

:+

Guest rampo

Since we are taking about weather, one can't say for certain what the conditions will be like. October should mark the end of the rain season, but sometimes it does, sometimes not. I've been to Thailand a couple of times in mid-October and had great weather - some rain that might last half an hour, but no day-long downpours. But I've arrived in mid-November and the rain season had only ended a couple of days earlier. A couple of years ago, the rains in Pattaya had been so bad that scores of crocodiles had escaped from the croc farm and were still being rounded up from local waterways.

If I were in your place, I'd go. Places like Ko Samui and Phuket are farther south and tend to have longer rain seasons, so if you are interested in those places as well, I would recommend waiting until you get to Thailand before booking there. But Totally Oz was in Bangkok, Pattaya and Chiang Mai through much of the real rain season and it certainly sounds as if he had a great time. October is close enough to the end of the rain season that I think it's worth the risk. And the hotels have great off-season rates. If you can stay through Halloween, that holiday has really caught on at the Thai gay bars and can be alot of fun.

Guest icon513

It usually rains hard for 30 minutes to an hour a day, and it is also overcase a lot. On the other hand, the tourist masses are at a low. I'd come.

• 2 weeks later...

I would too and hotels would be cheap. I was in Bangkok last October and it was not all that rainy but you can never predict these things.

I was also in Pattaya and was quite disappointed with it. Yes, there are lots of bars and boys, but I am not much interested in little boys so I found it all quite commercial and not very interesting.

Archived