Vietnam

Guest planetho
This topic is 7372 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Be VERY careful in Vietnam. Particularly Hanoi. I just got back from there and had the opportunity to speak to two gay men, neither of them from the US, who told me unpleasant stories about experiences there. The scenerio goes like this: a boy will stop you and offer to take you to a gay bar he knows. He will then take you to a bar and after a couple of drinks you are presented with an outrageous bill for a couple of hundred dollars. They will beat you up if you refuse to pay.

I met no hustlers or anything remotely like it. Vietnam is not a place I would look for sex.

the Cajun

Guest planetho

RE: Hanoi Hotels?

Thanks for the warning. Do you have any hotel recommendations in Hanoi? A friend stayed at the Metropole and saw Mick Jagger checking in recently. I have also been told that the Melia or the Somerset are also quite nice.

RE: Hanoi Hotels?

I did not stay at either of these places but all are nice. The Metropole is fine. Vietnam was so very cheap in comparison to other Asian countries that I could not believe it. A real bargain.

the Cajun

Archived