Just returned from Rio

Guest Seabrook
This topic is 5571 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Seabrook

Spent Jan 18-Feb 7 in Rio. I went to Carcalla sauna (Av. Mem De Sa) and was told that the sauna was closed. Of the two big saunas with boys, 202 has clearly taken the lead. The owner, who is on site most nights, is really improving the place...and I told him so having made several previous trips. 117 is still OK, but you have to wade through many, many boys to find the type of first-rate boy that graces 202. As others have mentioned, you must visit a favela. I went on a guided tour to Rocinha (largest favela in S. America, population 300,000) led by a young woman who lives in the favela. It will change your perspective on Rio and make you glad you live in the USA.

Guest EuropTravl

I was at Caracalla sauna the week it opened. Really a grand place, big as all get out, and as far as saunas go, very chic. At night they wanted it to be a (mixed) nightclub. I knew it'd be a short ride.

Archived