From Dominicanos to Cariocas

StillLovely
This topic is 7085 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Well, I've finally actually done it. I have purchased an airline ticket to Rio!

Some of you may remember me from my previous posts on Santo Domingo. Back in November, I had made plans to go to Rio, but the plans changed, and I ended up back in Santo Domingo once again. But now, after 4 years in a relationship with a bugarron (hustler) in Santo Domingo, hopefully the ON-again OFF-again madness of the past few months has finally ended in OFF.

So, I've purchased the ticket and made the hotel reservations, and I'll be arriving in Rio on Saturday, February 19th! I'm staying in a junior suite at the Atlantico and made the reservation through Carlo Romano of Romanus Travel Services. I've also arranged hotel/airport transfers through Carlo. And I've made arrangements with Eduardo to give me a night tour of the saunas and bars/clubs on my first night there. All that's left for me to do is get my Visa and pack!

This is my first time to Rio, and I am so excited and looking so forward to it. Since I was a child, I have dreamed of going to Brazil, and now I'm finally going to take the plunge and go! I've read and re-read many posts on this board and will be taking the advice and suggestions of you Rio veterans who have gone before me.

I'll post my travel dates on the travel forum on this board. I would love to meet and possibly get together with any M4M'ers who will be there 2/19 - 2/26.

And let me just say a big thanks to all of you who have taken the time to post your experiences on this board - especially, Trilingual, TomCal and Big Daddy. Trilingual for your very detailed and thoughtful posts. TomCal, well what can I say? If anyone has done the sauna research, you have! And Big Daddy - well, I always took special delight in reading your posts. I've followed your posts from the 1st time you went and fell in love to the present.

So Rio, here I come! After 4 years of being in love with a Dominican and things not working out, my heart is heavy and broken. I'm hoping that this trip will in some way begin to heal my heart.

I welcome any further advice or tips any of you Rio veterans can give me. And I promise on my return I'll do a complete comparative reivew of Rio and Santo Domingo.

Eddie (StillLovely)

Eddie, I extend the best to you on your impending journey.

I will be doing just the opposite: on 22 February until 1 March, I hope to be in the DR if all goes as arranged.

I've fallen in love with Brasil and its people; I know you will do likewise; the "fever" begins once you're off the plane and into the taxi being driven to your reserved hotel. After that it's a time of pleasure and joy from many, many perspectives.

Archived