Brazil Airfares

goingtorio
This topic is 7217 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi everyone,

I am in the midst of planning my next trip and noticed the fares in November through January are in excess of $1200 - just curious if you can provide me with more info on the fare fluctuations (from LAX)..last time I got a ticket for like 750 so i guess high season must just go over $1000? I have frequent flier miles but none work for the dates I can go.

Might I suggest that you go through some brokers: brol.com and/or YesTravel.net. Both specialiZe in travel to South America. The latter is supposedly 50% gay owned and operated; I booked my October fare through them to the tune of $745--open jaw fare...

Also, check out Discount International Air fare; to get its site, do a google search. Check out affordabletravel.org.. And lastly, check the Sunday edition of the LA TIMES; more than likely there are travel agents in your area who specialize in travel to South America. Through them you should be able to get a fare that is satisfactory.

BTW, if I'm not mistaken, High season begins near Christmas and ends some time after Carnaval in February with some increased fares and hotel prices for special times after that.

...hope this helps... :-) Axiom

Guest Valleyman

I checked out these fares currently advertised on the American Airlines website. They do not include tax. When the taxes are included the total cost of the flight comes to $859.

Yes, I bid on priceline. My bid was $800, which was rejected but they notified me that if I was willing to up my bid to $839, it would be accepted. I did and it was. Quite a substantial savings. You might find something less expensive for November but I doubt you will find anything as reasonable for December, specifically for New Years.

In addition to what I have already suggested, try cheapinternationalflights.net, airlineconsolidator.com, and/or affordabletravel.org.

You might want to do a package; tell them what hotel you want included (which might be more for the pkg.) and return to the States when you desire by booking the hotel separately after the pkg. deal had concluded.

When I went to Rio for Carnaval of 2003, my friend and I took the package in order to get our airline portion for $575 each; we stayed at The Atlantico Hotel which was not part of the pkg., and we stayed an additional seven or more days after the pkg. deal /trip had ended. Our major savings was the flight portion!

Got a decent itinerary, actually. (On United Airlines) Check it out:

Dec. 26

Providence 4:35pm.........Dulles (Wash. D.C.) 6:14pm

Dulles 9:45pm.............Rio 1:35pm

Jan 4

Rio 8:20pm................Dulles 6:45am

Dulles 8:30am.............Providence 9:53am

Outside of the 3.5 hour layover in D.C., I don't think it's too bad. Defintely worth the price of $839. There is a brief stop in São Paulo on each end but I don't have to change planes. Robb

Archived