Friday nights in Lapa

mjd
This topic is 7259 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hear that it's a great night to visit and guaranteed to get laid. I known Lapa is under the arches of the trolley but not much else. Is the action outside? Are certain clubs gay? What time is best to visit?

I went with a bunch of friends to a place in Lapa called Scenarium. I didn't pick someone up but it's a great place if you like to see or watch people dance to forro, axe, samba Reggae. Eclectic crowd of both young and not-so-young people; locals, foreigners, gays, straights, transvestite. And this was not even Friday.

Ernani took me to Lapa on a Friday night which he stated is the BEST time to go, for a certain type of Rio's populace is there. We went about 9 - 9:30 pm. The streets were wall-to-wall people enjoying the night out! Vendors abounded. Ernani and I merely meandered through the throngs; we didn't go into any of the gay venues which he pointed out to me!

Archived