Roger's in Rio?

CT Dick
This topic is 7392 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Yesterday I thought about posting a similar response but decided against it. I had second thoughts: when Roger's has its grand, grand overture/opening, perhaps someone on this board and in this forum will alert us! But I'm glad you decided to do the asking, CT...!:-) Thanks!

>I will be there in 12 days, and promise to send you guys a

>Full Report!

Tom, I'll be there in 12 days also. What a coincidence on our timing of this trip. I'll expect to see you at the infamous Corujina's (sp?) in the evenings.

When I was in Rio in February, I was given a "private" showing of Rogers. The interior of the place looks modern and the decor looks nice. Most of the construction and remodeling appeared to be completed.

The facilities are very small. The locker area for the customers and the sauna guys are in the same location and that location is small. That may not work well if the place gets a large crowd. The stage has a stairway with an awkward access. Roger's was not officially open as of my visit there on February 20. I was told that Roger's would open "shortly" but not to be surprised if there were more delays on its opening.

I am confident that there will be many postings on this board when Rogers finally opens its doors to the public.

>I was told that Roger's would open "shortly" but

>not to be surprised if there were more delays on its opening.

I think "shortly" has very different meanings depending on which side of the Rio Grande the speaker is on.

Thanks for the info. I look forward to seeing the new and improved Roger's. Hopefully "shortly" happens before mid-April. :D

Dick

Just got back from Rio this morning. Can not find any definite information on Rogers opening. It seems as if business post carnival is very slow at both Point 202 and Estacao so it is hard to imagine it coming in at this point in time. Did not go to 117 so do not know how that is doing.

It is funny that during carnival one had to wait for a room and there were many many good looking out of town boys (all looking for high programma prices) and now ALL THE BOYS are extremely attentive and very available for their usual 50R. The last of the out of town boys were all departing today for their home towns.

There is a new garoto who has moved from far west Minais to be in Rio permanently and is working out of 202. A tall kind of movie star handsome guy named John (dont know how he spells it). A little older (28) than the usual guys but gets an A++. They have kind of rearranged the tables and chairs in 202 and it makes it easier to work the room. Will be back in two weeks and give you another update.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived