The Concert for New York

Guest RushNY
This topic is 8228 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guys,just checked back to see if anyone had written anything about the Concert for New York which happened recently at MSG(as a Knicks fan any chance to go to MSG is cool by me especially when i aint paying:).

As i got free tickets it for me was a blast,some of my all time favorite artists,Billy Joel,Elton John,The Who(THEY ROCKED !),Paul Mccartney,John Cougar Mellencamp,my BF who also came made me feel way old when James Taylor came on and he said 'whos he'ahh youth ,mind you he was ok with Destinys Child,Jay Z,Backstreet Boys and Janet Jackson who sucked live,didnt anybody catch it or were any of you there,be interested to hear what you thought especially of our 'welcome'of Senator Clinton god bless her !!.

Hi Rush:

I thought the Concert for New York was a great thing to happen, but I found the greeting of Senator Clinton rude and distasteful. Not that I would count myself as one of her big fans or anything of that sort, but it just seemed inappropriate and grossly partisan for her to be heckled like that. I could understand the reactions to Richard Gere's comments, which I thought showed his poor sense of timing, regardless of what he thinks, but the reaction to Hillary seemed pretty tacky. At a time when we're supposed to be working at national unity.......I felt saddened and embarrassed for those who chose to lash out at her. Just my opinion.

Hi Bucky,i must admit that i was a bit confused when it happened i think it was more to do with the FDNY guys,when Bill came out later on he got a great reception,

I didnt hear Richard Geres remarks but my BF said he handled it very well,one of the best things happened when Jim Carrey stage dived into the crowd and i was one of the people he landed on,that was pretty cool,and the main thing was it took the collective minds off what had happened and it raised a lot of money for those in need.

Archived