BRAZILIAN VISA process at Los Angeles Consulate

imrthr
This topic is 7564 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest msclonly

Everyone is paying for more Security!

I really don't have a problem with the costs for the VISA, since security is expensive and everyone is paying for it. Even if they don't fly! I feel much better about travel with the increased Security procedures at the airports and elsewhere!

For 30 years, I felt the LOOSE regulations at Immigration was a major weakness. It seems I was right as of SEPT 11, 2001! Now I am extremely concerned about giving Driver's Licenses to ILLEGALS! Do they have real addresses? Does anyone have any information on them? They have more then enough information on you and me!

It seems like I will have to get the Brazilian Visa the week of Sept 24 after a trip to Canada. Then get the extra pages added after the trip to Brazi due to the short number of days. Spoke to the Passport office at the local Post Office and it was suggested that I keep this Passport for the remainder of two years.

Incidently, they want $60.00 to expedite adding the extra pages!

}(

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

RE: Everyone is paying for more Security!

'In short I found the Brazilian visa process system to be an unpleasant task."

I am sympathetic towards you and your dilemma, but your situation, seemingly from previous responses regarding the obtaining of a visa, is primarily indicative to the Brazilian Consulate's procedures in Los Angeles/Beverly Hills and not elsewhere. As previously stated-- some of us had NO problem at all at the consulate in San Francisco, and I hope this is the same in other parts of the U.S.

As you stated-- if you want a visa you will have to "go along with their particular program." Thus, chalk this up as a negative and contemplate on being in the country which many have deemed to be "paradise".

Dick:I agree by all means with you. I believe as I am argentine, that brasilians are more intelligent that we are, because Argentina does not believe in reciprocity, and you do not have an idea all the troubles and requirements the American Consulate in B.A. asks to you in order to consider your visa, and in many cases, people that already paid u$s.100 and afterwards the visa is denied and you have to say bye bye the 100 dollars.

Archived