Fellow readers in Rio Feb 2-8?

elpaso
This topic is 7791 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

...a very, very nice request although I will NOT be in Rio at this time.

Fellow respondents and supporters of the cariocas, please list when you'll be in Rio during the months of February and March.

By your doing it here, I will NOT have to write a separate thread.

I already know that xChris, Driver, and I think glutes will be in Rio during the next month, but I don't know the exact dates. It would be nice if we could hold court at Maxim's as a group of expats on a Sunday afternoon to do everything that the originator of this post listed. Wow! You'd be responding once to two questioners!

My friend (platonic) and I will be in Rio from 27 February until 9 March; we're staying at The Hotel Atlantico Copacabana. OK, men-- please follow suit. AX

February 7-16

I'll be arriving as your trip is ending. I get into Rio late-morning on the Friday, the 7th. And, I'll be at the Atlantico Copacablana, too. My departure back to the U.S. is late-evening Saturday, February 15th. My guess is that I'll be doing some sleeping during the afternoon of the 7th, and out and about that evening.

my trip in Brazil

Yes, I'm planning to be in Brazil approximatively some days before Carnival, maybe around 25 of february, landing in Sao Paulo for a couple of days, then Rio and Bahia until 10 of march.

But unfortunately I have not my air ticket yet, because my job makes me slave, so I will not be sure of my exact departure.

In a week or so I'll let you know the details. I'm glad to meet you all at MAXIM's.

Ciao

CHRIS.

RE: my trip in Brazil

Hi,

I will be in Rio from Monday, Feb. 24 until Thursday, March 6, staying at the Olinda Othon Hotel on Avenida Atlantica and Figuerido Magalhaes. I stayed there in October and had a room with a balcony overlooking all of Copacabana Beach for $48US!! And that includes a complete buffet breakfast! I'm actually getting the same room this time, too. The room rate has gone up a little and during the non-peak days it is going for $54US and during Carnaval it is going for $180US. I guess you can't blame them for making it when they can. Anyway, a nice, small, safe, comfortable hotel with a friendly staff and no problems with bringing guests to your room. And the location is ideal, three blocks from Estacao and six blocks from Roger's and the view of the beach on the balcony is spectacular. If you bring guests to your room, they have to fill out an I.D. card and leave it as well as their own personal I.D. at the front desk, where it is returned to them upon their departure. I had many boys over and never had a problem. As a matter of fact, the hotel staff was greeting one of the boys, Juan Carlos from Roger's, by name. It would be cool to meet up with anyone else from the site who may be in Rio at the same time to touch bases and kibitz. It would be fun.

Take care and bom dia.

Robbguy

Archived