hotel in rio

gulliver
This topic is 7860 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

i was able to get a reasonable rate at the marriott. I would like to bring my laptop.

What would other posters advise - stay at the Marriott where there are internet capabilities in all rooms (but i am not sure whether I can have overnite guests) or stay with my existing arrangements and stay at the Luxor copacabana where guests are no problem but no internet facility exists that i know about for me to use my laptop.

Thanking you in advance for any advice.

TomCal addressed this amongst pages 3 or 4 of this site. He might want to reassure you by addressing it again, or you might want to scroll down and around and find your answer to this question that has already been handled.

Before I went to Brasil and Rio, I got on the net and went to this site late at night and read (all of the pages) and wrote down all information that I deemed useful. Perhaps, since you are a morning person, you might want to do the same thing.

I am not censoring anyone from responding to your questions, for I, too, chose to answer some that had already been addressed. You might just get your answers quicker.

Guest Tomcal_

I have taken my laptop each of my four trips and only used it on my first trip, after that only to watch DVD's on on the long flight from the west coast. the internet places are all over, and cheap, go to where you know you can bring boys back without a problem. }> }>

fI brought boys back every night at the Marriott, but it was always like an obstacle course, as my buddy LAShowbiz said "you are giving the sercurity guys fits!"

Guest Tomcal_

I was not sure if your questions was re: hotels that allow visitors or hotels that require them to check in and you pay a charge. In the case of the Marriott, I don't like having to stop at the desk, where in the case of the Marriott there is always, 2 - 4 desk persons, plus a couple of security guys standing around, so I would circumvent them and just bring the guys up(always guys i knew, not street boys!)I just don't like having to stand there in front of a bunch of people while the boy fills out a card....if that doesn't bother you then stay at the Marriott, but the other hotels mentioned like California Othon, next door to the Marriott, and Atlantico, you don't have to sign them in.

Archived