BRUNO GAUCHO in English

Guest Brazil Nut
This topic is 7925 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Brazil Nut

FLASH: Bruno Gaucho's new site is up and running, but still undergoing a little construction. :-) :-)

Please be understanding if it seems to go up and down for a day or so.

It is one site with versions in both English and Portuguese.

Go to http://www.intensoprazer.hpg.com.br and click on "ENTER" for English, "ENTRAR" for Portuguese.

He has preliminary info on his trip to the US, but no dates yet, because it all depends on when the visa comes through.

And he has several NEW PICS. :9 :9 }>

Enjoy! :D :D :D

• 1 month later...
Guest BicepsLover

RE: How is his english?

How is his english? Typically american ... How is your portuguese ? And how is your ... Remember me what language you tried to learn ?

First of all, let me say that I think we english-speaking folks are indeed spoiled by the fact that our language has become the international business language and, because of that, the defacto most expected language to be spoken. (I studied French in school when that language still had much more international usage than it does now - and I certainly wish I had kept up with it, particularly now that I visit Montreal so often!)

But many of us either do speak Portugese or Spanish with some fluency (not me) or are making an honest effort to learn (me). I ride around with an English/Portugese CD permanently in my dashboard these days and have a Portugese tutor for an hour or two on the Saturdays I'm in town. I envy those of you, whether by choice or circumstance, are multi-lingual.

Having said that, you do seem to have a rather big chip on your shoulder for a perfectly natural and innocent question by someone who wishes to communicate with someone else who, by the way, is equally anxious to learn to communicate in English to further his business and his future. I know, I've met him.

My dear, angry friend, the fact that someone is asking about Bruno's English is an admission that he cannot communicate with him in Portuguese.

We can't speak ALL languages and I think is valid to inquire about a common language before getting into a difficult situation.

Obviously, living in Paris, you have more chances to develop your language skills than we provincial Americans. Please be a bit more forgiving of our shorcomings.

:-)

Dick

Guest Brazil Nut

>How is his english? Typically american ... How is your

>portuguese ? And how is your ... Remember me what language

>you tried to learn ?

Bi, while I share yor sentiment that Americans should be more willing and should do more to learn other languages, I have to agree with what Jake and Dick have said on this one. It seems to me that this this is just an innocent and natural question from someone who doesn't happen to know Portuguese. Not everyone - American or otherwise - can be expected to know every language, and you must admit that Portuguese is not a very widely-studied foreign language in most places - not in the US or in most other countries, même dans la France.

As a very different point, it would seem that your barb (peut-être aussi votre barbe?) is out of place, since, if memory serves, js is not an "American," at least not in the sense that you intended. So it might be good to be more sure of the facts avant de jeter des pierres - or, since you love Brazil, antes de jogar as pedras.

Guest Brazil Nut

Confidential to zadirk -

I might be able to give you some information. If you see this send me a private message on this board (2nd icon).

Guest BicepsLover

CT dick, you're right : I was angry, very angry, the night I wrote this message (because of another thread ... I will not go back to that topic).

I apologize for my stupid remark.

Archived