Bratislava

pauleiro
This topic is 6742 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I spent a few hours there two weeks ago on my way to Prague and would go back in a flash. Very quaint hilly old town area which is all sidewalk cafes in the Summer.

Unfortunately I don`t have the other info you requested since I was there for limited time. Saw very good looking boys though on their lunch break. :)

I spent a night in August 2004 and another night in July 2005. In 2004, I stayed at Intercontinental Hotel, across from the presidential palace; it's under renovation this year. In 2005, I stayed at the Danube Hotel, in the city center

In the short time that I visited Bratislava, I had a very good impression of the town and the people. In 2004, a bunch of high-school/college-looking teenagers invited us to play chest with them when they heard us speak English. This summer, we were mobbed by friendly teenagers at a bar when they learned that we were visiting from America. They were eager to practise their English. If I stayed an extra night, I would have taken one or two of the boys back to my hotel.

Unlike Prague where you pay New York rates for Western-standard hotels, Bratislava is still reasonably priced. You can stay at the SAS Radisson, the same hotel Bush 46 stayed, for 120 Euros a night during the summer.

Archived