Bucharest?

elpaso
This topic is 6855 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest sloburo

Romania is not a gay friendly country. They've changed their laws only recently because they had to do itunder the pressure of EU. bye

Unless you have a very compelling reason to go there, save your money and go elsewhere than Bucharest. I have been there several times and have found the place so depressing. It is hard to find a decent gay bar as the country is not very gay friendly; although the current United States Ambassador is an out gay man. Most of the Romanian Rent Boy types have gone to other countries to sell themselves. Most of the rent boys in Hungary are from Romania, at least the street hustlers. Incidentally, that is how I ended up visiting Bucharest because I met a Romanian guy in Budapest and then went to visit him several times in Romania. It was not a pleasant experience as we had to constantly hide our relationship. And once you leave Bucharest, you have to be doubly careful of not being labeled a gay as the consequences can be physical. In addition to all this, unfortunately the country is ugly as it was stripped of everything by the communists. There is so much poverty all around and garbage in the streets, etc, that you really feel guilty being a tourist there. Now, if you are straight, you might find the place interesting as the women are super beautiful and they are all trying to find a citizen of another country to rescue them from their drab life in Romania.

Archived