Prague update?

elpaso
This topic is 7445 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm headed to Prague shortly, and would appreciate any current info or tips. I've heard that Drakes is awful (and a rip-off) and that Pinnochio is dangerous. True? Any other advice on where and how to find local talent? I'm also looking for a translator and tour guide? All comments welcome...

Thanks!

>I'm headed to Prague shortly, and would appreciate any

>current info or tips. I've heard that Drakes is awful (and a

>rip-off) and that Pinnochio is dangerous. True? Any other

>advice on where and how to find local talent? I'm also looking

>for a translator and tour guide? All comments welcome...

>Thanks!

Take a look at http://www.boymates.com

There is a tour guide service where now retired rent boys can set up real tours for you, as well as help with translation for the rent boy scene.

Also, according to that site, Pino's is better than it has been in a while right now.

Give us a report when you return!

>I'm headed to Prague shortly - - - Drakes is awful (and a

>rip-off) and Pinnochio is dangerous. True?

I have been to Prague four times. Although city is beautiful, it is dangerous for gays. Take a look at this article that appeared last August 17 on this M4M board.

"Prague"

http://praguepost.com/PO3/2003/Art/0814news.php Praguepost.com. There have been several gay murders in Prague Czech Republic. In the article, they name the bars and gay hotels the police are looking at. Looks like boys picked up in these bars were brought to the hotels in question. The next day the clients were found dead in the hotel rooms. The police are saying, the gay men who hire these boys must know the danger. One boy was caught, when he was seen flashing over three hundred dollars at the bar. The article further sates, these incidents are being kept quiet by businessmen in the gay scene. They do not wish to drive off any more customers. Just thought I would pass on this information. Homeless boys in Prague are a big problem. Many know they can sweet talk some guy and get into his hotel room and rob him. The police warn, gay men who travel alone and pick up boys in bars are in danger everytime.

Not a pretty picture considering that there are so many other cities to visit that are relatively safe.

Have you tried Montreal or Rio de Janeiro? I highly recommend each.

>Imrthr : thanks for your input.

>What makes you think that Rio is safer than Prague ?

>

>« Buena Noche Cinderella »

I travel often to various parts of the world. Four times I visited Prague, where I no longer feel safe. This year I visited Rio in October, in November and in December (32 days). I plan to return to Rio in mid January. I think my frequent visits are testimony to Rio's safety. I have never had a safety problem in Rio and have never felt threatened at any time despite occasionally being out late at night in Cococabana. Generally I am with someone (either a fellow American or a Rio local). I have also visited downtown Rio, but never alone or never late at night. I am reasonably cautious and careful and pay attention to my surroundings. Prior to my first trip to Rio, I had the good fortune of this M4M board (Tomcal & Trilingual) as information guides. In my opinion, Rio is a great city like no other. I have had wonderful experiences in that city and I will continue to visit it whenever I can.

Thanks for the feedback. I have been to Rio about a dozen times, and I'm in Montreal every month or so for business. I have to head to Prague for business reasons, too -- but thought there might be some extracurricular fun, also. :)

Any ideas?

Archived