Happy Gabor Day!

Guest WetDream
This topic is 8291 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest WetDream

By changing one sill letter we can make this a more meaningful holiday. One honoring all those Hungarian women who have changes our lives.

P.S. And three cheers for Eric Magyar.

>Gabour?

>

>Dick

Hi Dick,

Happy American Labor and Canadian LaboUr Days! :-)

JT F.A.C.E.T. (Fake American/Canadian English Translator) }>

Guest Joey Ciccone

Another great Hungarian Gabor is Gabor Csupo. Although a man, he still deserves mention in this thread as one of the original producers of the Simpsons on the Tracey Ulman show and then later for Fox. He's also the man who brought us RugRats (among other many other shows), and the featured illustrator on the cover of the latest Frank Zappa record release, which is interesting because it ties in with another thread about Warren Cuccurullo, who used to play in Zappas' band and appeared briefly in the Zappa film Baby Snakes, which featured some stunning animation by an artist known as Bruce Bickford, who as it turns out, had a large influence on Gabor. It's a small world, and it all comes together on these boards. Interesting.

What are they doing now? I miss them, dearly.

I'll be going to Vegas soon, and will stop at the Liberace Musuem. There should a Gabor Musuem as well... and I think Vegas would be a good place.

Guest WetDream

The Liberace Museum is a don't miss -- and it is located in a strip mall! Check out the gift shop. The best item when I was there was a "floater" pin with two hands gliding up and down a piano keyboard (but they were both right hands...)

Archived