Hepatitis B Vaccine

Guest cmp
This topic is 8322 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Is there any good and plausible reason I could quote when asking for the vaccine, other than the truth? (Please don't ask me why, I can't afford to be open). Are there other known risk factors, besides 'jizzing' de 'papi'? Or should I use Aaron's Advice for such a question? Thanks for de information.

I think that being honest with your doctor (and other healthcare providers) and lawyer is an awfully good rule to follow. They need to know the truth to help you as best they can.

Don't play games or take chances with your health. Healthcare providers have seen it all before and are frequently pretty non-judgmental.

Guest Merlin

I go to a different Doctor for some things, like tests and the Hepititis vaccine. Look for a Dr known to be gay friendly or use one of the neighborhood minor medical places.

Guest Esc_Tracker

How about "I would prefer not to catch Hepatitis B, so could I have a vaccine please?"

Do you think he/she is going to say "No you can't have one until you give me a detailed account of your sexual and drug use history for the last five years"? If so, you need a new doctor.

The worst you should have to go through is a generic lecture on safe sex and on not sharing needles. Or is the problem with your HMO? Interestingly, we don't have *that* sort of problem in Canada given public universal health care coverage.

You can add that to Matt and Nikko#3 as reasons for moving here. ;-)

Esc-Tracker

Guest Baggle

I just told my doctor I read about it and would like to have it just to be safe. BTW, my insurance coverages paid for A but would not pay for the B shots. I had no problem paying out of my pocket. I would think it is worth it.

Guest Jerry

The Center for Disease Control recommends various vaccines for visits to other countries. Here is a link to a list of recommended vaccines for Mexico: http://www.cdc.gov/cgi-bin/sendit.exe Hep B is one of the recommended vaccines. You might as well get the Hep A vaccine too.

If you must lie, then you can tell your doctor that you are going to Mexico. Your doctor will undoubtedly ask you if you want the other vaccines too. If he does, you'll have to come up with another lie, such as that you've already had the others.

For a convincing lie, you'll also need to be prepared to answer friendly questions about where in Mexico you are going, why you are going and how long you will be there.

Guest CallMePapi

Though I agree with the others that being honest with a doctor is always a good policy, if you really can't get up your nerve, why not just say you plan a trip to an area of the world where bad sanitation is a problem? Just a suggestion.

I don't think most doctors would think twice about the B vaccination. In fact, I suspect most doctors have been vaccinated. I work in an office where we deal with indigents and the entire office was offered the vaccine. Unlike the one for A, B is longer lasting and I don't think that it is inappropriate for most people who are sexually active or in close connection with a broad section of society.

Archived