For Love or Money

Will
This topic is 7465 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I answered your questions in my previous postings. Society has the right to pass laws to prevent possible harm. It is not necessary for harm to invariably occur. It isn't all right to drive 100 mph drunk in a school zone just because nothing might happen. Your assertion that the government might require a woman to get an abortion by law is just plain stupid and you surely don't believe it yourself. I'm not going to continue repeating myself. If your goal is to simply have the last word, go ahead and have it. Having the last word doesn't make you right or even clever.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>I answered your questions in my previous postings. Society

>has the right to pass laws to prevent possible harm. It is

>not necessary for harm to invariably occur.

But our courts do invalidate laws because they are "unconstitutionally broad," meaning that they prohibit a broader range of conduct than is necessary to achieve a constitutionally permissible purpose. You didn't know that?

>Your assertion that the government

>might require a woman to get an abortion by law is just plain

>stupid and you surely don't believe it yourself.

If you are, as you claim, a physician, it's surprising you don't know of cases in which the government makes the decision to abort a pregnancy for various reasons, including the health of the mother. There have been many such cases, and the fact you claim otherwise makes me wonder if you really have anything to do with medicine.

I'm not

>going to continue repeating myself.

Thank goodness.

If your goal is to simply

>have the last word, go ahead and have it. Having the last

>word doesn't make you right or even clever.

I don't always bother to respond to posts, but when someone engages in the kind of juvenile namecalling you have done above without the slightest provocation, I do feel like responding. You are one vile-tempered individual. I feel sorry for your patients. If you really have any.

Archived