Splash!

Guest Stillwater
This topic is 8461 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Stillwater

I will be visiting NYC soon and someone told me about a club called Splash! that has great male dancers. Anyone know anything about it or have any experiences there?

Guest bchbum423

They have a website - http://www.splashbar.com - so you can get an idea of what special events they have coming up, daily themes, photos, etc. Its a very popular place for Chelsea boys & tourists, 4 bars, the dancers take showers (but don't get naked - thanks Mayor Guiliani) and work a couple of the bars for tips. I would consider it a "must" destination for an out-of-towner, but would also tell you to make sure you check out the other clubs/bars, not only in Chelsea, but the East Village, West Village and the increasing number of bars in midtown. Check out http://www.hx.com and http://www.nextmagazine.net for the two NYC gay bar rags to get an overview of all that NYC offers and to find specific type bars that might interest you. Hope your trip isn't a short one, because there's a lot to do!

Guest conway

Make no mistake about it, Splash Bar should be a destination for any gay guy traveling to New York. But, at the same time, don't confuse Splash with a strip club (like the Gaiety) or a hustler hangout (like Srella's). Splash is a lot of things. It's a good place to stop and chat over a drink afetr work. It's a good dance club later at night. It's also a good place to meet a stranger who just might be visiting town.

Splash is actually two bars in one. There are two upstairs bars(inclusing a show bar) ands a small dance floor. The crowd upstairs tends to be younger and (in my experience) thinks a lot of itself. Splash has great bartenders upstair including my favorite the ultra handsome Alex. Sometimes the upstairs patrons an be a little stand offish though.

The downstairs area has open bathrooms (which can get quite active later at night)and then a smaller round bar. I've always found the lower bar crowd to be quite friendly. IMHO, the lower bar has some of the hottest bartenders (Marco and Brent come to mind). Both are friendly.

The Go Go show generally starts pretty late at Splash although the dancers may work the floor prior to going onstage. The basic floor show include gropes for tips. I have taken a Splash dancer home only once, and wasn't thrilled to death with the result.

My recommendation is that id you're looking to hook up at Splash, find a nice boy perched along the wall, strat up a conversation and go for it.

Other bars that you may like in NY are Blue on 23rd Street and G. Blue is very friendly and G is, well, a place everyone should go at least once.

Guest SFJEFF

Splash is definitely a place to visit. I have been in over 65 countries and visited in many many countries and Splash is my all time favorite GAY bar. And now it is also a dance bar. They have some of the hottest bartenders anywhere and have some great shows. Although I have to say that I HATE THEIR resident drag queen, Kenny Dash. He/She has been there forever and is terrible and NOT FUNNY. But for some reason they keep her there.

I was there this weekend. There is also a new bar that just opened that is owned and operated by John Blair. It's a place called XL. It is located on W. 16th Street near 9th Avenue. That is also a must see while in NYC. It's a great space including the upstairs bar. You have to forgive the hot hot straight bartenders, but some are gay. But that is another must see.

Archived