Saunas in Montreal

Karl-G
This topic is 8460 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm going to Montreal this week and am thinking about going to a sauna; I've never done it before. Can someone help? What is a typical layout of spaces/rooms/facilities? What's the protocol - what do you do? Suggestions for things to do? Not to do? Any suggestions for particular saunas in Montreal? I think they have a number of them. Something on Ste. Catherine would be preferable. Thanks.

Guest steveyboy

The first thing to do is get a copy of the local guide called "Fugues." It is not a newspaper but almost like a paperback book. It is loaded with ads for bathhouses, clubs, etc. You can get it at any gay establishment but the easiest place is the Wega Video Store on St Catherine. It is on the ground floor and you can just go in and take one.

You should pick up a copy of Fugues when you get to Montreal (it is available everwhere).

But in the meantime go to http://www.fugues.com. It is a great site. After you enter, there is a selection bar on the right of the screen, click on Le Guide Arc on Ciel (French for Rainbow Guide). Then on that page there is a menu bar on the left which has categories for bars, restraunts, saunas, nude dancing bars, etc. This is a very good guide, and it it pretty up-to-date. Most of the entries are in English as well as French, so you may want to print some of this to take on your trip. The printed magazine Fugues that you pick up in montreal is 100% in French. You can usually figure it out, but you may want to bring some of the English translations from the website.

I do not frequent the saunas, but my friends who accompany me on my adventures to Montreal are partial to SDP (Sauna du Plateau) and 456. Some of these Saunas have their own websites, and the Fugues site will link you to those.

The men are handsome and friendly, the food is great, the exchange rate is great, so if the weather isn't too bad, you will have a great time.

Archived