Hustler bars in New York

Guest mrgoodhd
This topic is 8534 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest mrgoodhd

After reading about some of the places described on this site, I am ready to venture out in the sinful side of New York. I'm very interested in visiting Stella's and, resourceful type that I am, have checked phone books. Is the bar with all the studs located on W 47th Street? Ok, so I'm new in town, give me a break. Will also appreciate any other suggestions on places I can go hunting for rent boys/men. Thanks in advance for welcoming a new face in town!

Guest mrgoodhd

and I'm already adding to my request. Can you give me advice on what time the action starts? What areas of the bar tend to be the congregating spots? Help me out here guys if you can.

Just got back from there :-) In my experience, the best time to hang out at Stella's is before, during and after their shows, so getting there by 11pm on a Thursday e.g. is a good idea. On weekends, the show is later and downstairs... Have fun!

Guest paulnyc

The entire Stella's bar is filled with hustlers, so there is no one area where this action occurs. The strip shows usually take place downstairs but the dancers are not the heavy hustlers. Most of the dancers are "straight" and black or Hispanic. They are there for the tips they recieve by rubbing up against patrons after their stage show. The dedicated hustlers usually stay upstairs at the bar or around the pool table. There is a coterie of big muscle guys from South America who arrive around 11 PM every evening. There are also a few white "boys." You can't miss the working boys. Almost everybody in this bar under the age of 40 is hustling. So if somebody comes up to you and starts a conversation, you can pretty much assume that you are being hustled. The problem is that these guys usually don't have their own place, so you either take them home (risky) or rent one of the short term hotels in the area.($50 for 2 hours) The asking fee for Stella hustlers is $150, although this is usually quite negotiable. Again, most of these "boys" claim to be straight, so they are usually not into reciprocal sex. Occasionally, dancers from the Gaiety are also working the floor at Stella's and they try to get the $200 they charge at the Gaiety.

Guest LITTLEANTNEE

PAULNYC is dead-on in his description of Stella's.

The Olympic Diner, mentioned in other posts, is no longer with us. Ditto Circles, which did make a valiant attempt to assume the void left by the much-lamented, long dead Rounds. There is one other bar downtown, somewhere behind Christopher Street. I've never heard it mentioned here, but some kindred spirit here may be able to help with the name and exact location.

The only other place that I know of is the basement at the Townhouse Bar (not restaurant) in the East 60s. I can never figure who's actually working and who's buying, but it can be interesting (quite the different crowd from Stella's). I'm not sure of prices. Again, perhaps a kindred spirit can fill in the blanks here.

Happy Hunting!

I visit NYC several times a year and I find Stella's to be terrific because I get the kind of man I like quickly and reasonably. I usually take the buy to the hotel where I am staying and I have never had a problem with anyone from there. furthermore, all the guys I've dealt with in the bar have been very pleasant, even if I finally decide that this one isn't for me.

Other writers are right: later is better....usually around 11 or midnight. But there are guys in there earlier....depends on your taste. The higher-quality guys seem to show up later.

It's a great place. Not what Rounds was....but what will ever replace Rounds?

Guys do hustle at the Townhouse...even at the main front bar. But here I would be cautious. Those East Side hustlers exhibit major attitude.

I will in NYC in a couple of weeks. Could any of you give me more precise information about the location of Stella's and Townhouse Bar? Do they have strips shows as The Gaiety's, where I've been once last year? I found the guys of Gaiety's have terrific and sexy bodies, but the shows there are very slow-motion; they could have a faster structure. Any idea about Stella's and Townhouse's shows?

Tks

R1

Guest paulnyc

There are no strippers at the Townhouse.

There are strippers every night except Wednesday at Stella's. However, unlike the Gaiety, at Stella's the dancers only stip down to their g-strings. The Stella dancers are more into dancing than at the Gaiety.

Stella's is on 47th Street between Broadway and 8th Avenue...closer to 8th Avenue on the South side of the Street. Next to the China Club.

Archived