Atlanta's Swinging Richards

Guest sam
This topic is 8649 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Back from Atlanta with a brief report about Swinging Richards (as requested). It is indeed a stripper bar with some very appealing characteristics. For comparison, I have been to similar bars in New Orleans, Chicago, Indianapolis, D.C., Montreal, as well as Nob Hill in SF. Have never been to Gaiety. Swinging Richards is a big place, very conveniently located near interstate I-75. There are three small dance floors in the center of the long rectangular room and small tables surrounding them. On one side, there are several rows of tables and then counters along the back wall. In other words, lots of seating options. During the evening, there are strippers dancing simultaneously on all three stages. They dance to three songs and each time rotate to a different one of the three stages. On Saturday night, the routine seemed to be to dance clothed to the first song with a few tantalizing peeks at some crotch shots; to drop drawers during the second number (which meant some guys were bareassed; others still had on thongs or skivvies); and then to dance completely naked for the last song. Tips were certainly encouraged but NO TOUCHING of any sort. The dancer would kneel down to accept the tip in an armband on his biceps.

On Saturday, there were probably 24 or more dancers during the course of the evening. Four at a time (two shared the center of the three stages). All sorts of body types, but I have to admit I only looked at the most muscular. There were certainly a few of them... very nice eye candy. None of the guys showed hard at any time during his dances nor did they ever touch their cocks.

At the end of the room, on the other side of the bar (which services both sides), was the VIP Lounge. This space (which sometimes costs extra $$$ to enter, but not on Saturday night which has a general $10 cover charge), has a pool table, lots of couches and casual seating, and a dark, comfortable ambience. In the VIP lounge you can "contract" for a table dance. Unlike Montreal, alas, there is NO TOUCHING. The dancer will dance nude in front of you for $10 a song. For LOTS MORE MONEY the dancer will take you behind a glass wall into a small lounge and do a private dance. One of the lads (Tommy who was very aggressively offering his services) said the cost was something like $110 for 15 minutes. This included champagne, nude dancing, touching (which he said would be mutual), and maybe a "little oral". For $220 you could get 30 minutes and a "whole lot more satisfaction."

During the evening, I didn't see much evidence of much action in that part of the place. One particularly hot bodied blond muscle boy ("Magnum" by name) seemed to go back there a few times. If I had the money, he sure would have been my choice, too. Very well hung. Very muscular build.

At any rate, the overall place had a good feel to it. It didn't offer the sexual energy of Campus in Montreal or some of the DC clubs. But, it sure did offer some very nice eye candy. And a large crowd which, by the way, was very coed.

so, that's the report from one night in Atlanta....

Coed = there were a lot of women and groups of women at Swinging Richards the Sat night I was there. I sensed they were women in groups (a la stag parties) who admire naked guys. They interacted with the dancers (on the main stages) and went up to the dais to give them bucks for their bicep bands. There was a lot of laughing and hooting over some of the overtly sexy moves some of the guys offered... and so forth. Unlike the awkwardness one feels at a place like Nob Hill where there are occasional women in the audience who seem to distract the dancers, at SR, the presence of women seemed to add to the "party" atmosphere. I do have to admit that with one of the dancers (a particularly attractive and very muscular dark-haired beauty named "Gator", I did feel a bit pissed off that the girls got his attention. Good old dreamer that I am, I wanted him all to myself. :)

During the "freebie" dance around midnight, when all of the strippers got on stage and offered "free" t-shirts to customers who chose them for a special table dance, some of the guys were in fact chosen by women. And, they went into the VIP lounge (or stayed in the main room) and got the same sort of naked dance attention that guys were getting. For some curious reason, it seemed all very "democratic."

Different strokes....

Hmmm. Sounds like a cross between "Showgirls" and "Chippendales"? Why don't they just have a ladies night instead for the women and the rest of the nights for the men? I think I'll pass.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-28-00 AT 12:20PM (EST)[p]Some of the dancers at Richards are straight, although few will admit that to customers (for obvious reasons). If you want some extra action in the VIP room, before you approach a dancer about it, check and see if the dancer caters mostly to the women in the crowd. If so, you probably won't get very far with the extras. That said, just because he doesn't hang out with the women doesn't mean he's definately gay or bi because women in that place are notoriously bad tippers.

Hope this saves some people some hard earned cash (or at least gets it spread in the right direction). BTW: I've been going to Richards about once every two or three months since it opened, and like most places, some nights are great, some are really bad but most are in between.

I would be interested in your observations about the VIP room and the "action" that may or may not take place there. Any info? I wrote my review based on one night only. Hardly a scientific sample; though I tried to be objective.

Also, any info on the dancers to whom I was particularly attracted last weekend: magnum, gator, or tommy???

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest radman96

There is a nice Days Inn about one mile from the club at Northside Dr. and I75. I have stayed there several times when I went to Atlanta. Have a great time.

Guest assmaster

Donnavon is my Fave.(very versatile)..Magnum was Fired....Gator...yum yum ....what a great BUTT.....Biggest dick is probably attached to Davo....a bit nelly though....nice ass too.So many bad boys ...so little time and/or cash.

Archived