Unsolicited Text Messages

foleynyc

Has anyone received text messages from a unfamiliar masseur offering massage services? He attached a photo of an attractive Asian---presumably of himself(?)--with  a studio on 38 St. I've been to many masseurs over the years but this is a first for me. Are they starting to share client phone numbers like fundraisers do?

3 hours ago, Wanderoz said:

that ever-changing and ever-expanding group of Asian guys who post pictures and are not necessarily the one who shows up at the door when you meet

Is this a thing? The only masseur I've booked who looked nothing like his pictures (not just using old pictures) was an Asian guy.

Edited by Lotus-eater

6 hours ago, foleynyc said:

Has anyone received text messages from a unfamiliar masseur offering massage services? He attached a photo of an attractive Asian---presumably of himself(?)--with  a studio on 38 St. I've been to many masseurs over the years but this is a first for me. Are they starting to share client phone numbers like fundraisers do?

Yes, that is Eddie (a.k.a. Owen) pictured, formerly of Energy spa and now working out of a new M & J Mens Spa @ 247 West 38th Street.  I did have a previous massage with him a couple of years ago so he had my # and texted me directly yesterday.  I was actually glad to hear from him.  He is playful and when asked about pricing, he said as his "personal client" my price would be $120 for one hour.  Worth a shot.