Starbucks walk out (strike) on red cup day!

marylander1940

Are we going to end up with a $10 coffee?

ABCNEWS.GO.COM

Thousands of Starbucks employees at hundreds of stores are walking off the job, the union says.
STORIES.STARBUCKS.COM

Nov. 16 is Red Cup Day! Here’s how to get your free Starbucks reusable red cup

On 10/8/2023 at 6:01 PM, m_writer said:

Make a cup of coffee with cream and syrup. Ever since the pandemic, I realized how much money I was saving by not going to Starbucks or some coffee shop and making coffee at home (drip coffee by manual pouring over the grinds mixed with cinnamon - no coffee maker since the water never gets hot enough). Then I just add one or two table spoons of syrup flavor of choice; I alternate different flavors each time I go buy a new bottle.

Torani Flavored Syrup 750 ml — Allegheny Coffee & Tea Exchange

Then I make a breakfast of blueberries and cereal with a banana.

My personal alternative:

960101376-ECOM?$ng-ecom-pdp-desktop$&def

First off, I hate their coffee and their whole corporate culture. Thankfully, in my urban neighborhood there are now 6 independent, local coffee places. A new one is a combination book store and bakery and it’s packed. It’s owned by a gay couple and the one who runs it is so damn cute that I go there just to chat with him. He also says that tips are optional since he pays his employees a living wage. F*ck Starbucks.

3 hours ago, Pensant said:

First off, I hate their coffee and their whole corporate culture. Thankfully, in my urban neighborhood there are now 6 independent, local coffee places. A new one is a combination book store and bakery and it’s packed. It’s owned by a gay couple and the one who runs it is so damn cute that I go there just to chat with him. He also says that tips are optional since he pays his employees a living wage. F*ck Starbucks.

On 11/18/2023 at 10:49 AM, marylander1940 said:

Dring the 2020 election, I lived next door to Starbucks in Philadelphia. I enjoyed talking to young Black.men who worked there.  Most were registered to vote for the first time.

They wanted in long lines to register and even longer lines to votry