Who is your "the one that got away"?

newdad

Met a guy who was dating my best friend while I was in grad school.  Felt guilty as hell when he broke up with my buddy, but we the started the hottest long-distance relationship - sex in moving cars, long, romantic love letters (with actual stamps!), and my first try at phone sex.  And he was all the marbles: sweet, smart, caring, and sexy.  But when I graduated, I had great offers in several cities but I couldn’t find a job in his town.  He decided that he didn’t want to keep the distance thing going, and I didn’t want to risk trying to find another job with a big loan payment hanging over my head.
I work hard at not regretting decisions I’ve made, but I think a lot about that one.

And I kept the letters…..

Not sure this qualifies, but years ago in the Navy, I was at a bar in Norfolk and met this absolutely gorgeous hunk. He was a little shorter than me, had blond or light brown crewcut hair, a great tan complexion, shown off quite well in his muscle shirt. And he had the muscles to make it work - arms, shoulders, and chest. And a really "butch" outgoing manner to him. I loved this kid!

But I wasn't the only one. Another guy was buzzing around him, also making goo-goo eyes at my intended, who was unfortunately getting drunker as the night progressed. Forgetting some details, the three of us wound up in the dunes of Sandbridge Beach and made out, each of us taking turns with the hunk. At some point, the hunk and my competition went further into the dunes while timid me sat alone in the moonlight, wishing and wondering. When they came back, both seemingly satisfied, we returned to Norfolk and went our separate ways. I returned to that bar several times hoping to find the hunk again, but never did. Clearly-and sadly- a missed opportunity, and although gone for many years, never forgotten.