Any Soothe or Zeel recommendation for San Diego/Orange County?

SamMiller213

• 2 months later...

Keep in mind Soothe and Zeel masseurs are far less likely to do any extras like MT, HE, etc. If anyone reports frisky behavior on those apps, the masseur could jeopardize his license. This is all fine if you want therapeutic only service, but problematic if you want even the slightest bit more, which most clients in these forums do.

Soothe, Zeel, and others also take a hefty cut of the fee, plus the masseurs are spending time and money getting to you and back, setting up and taking down. Then the app tracks what services the masseur performed and you are then obligated to pay taxes on those services, even if payments are in cash, because the apps report to the IRS. That’s not a problem for me, but may be for others who do not want to claim some or all of their massage income.

Between all these factors, he is making a lot less than if he stuck to his own private practice. If he’s not making that much relative to the time he’s spending, he has far less motivation to go above and beyond. If not for law enforcement concerns, then for practical ones. Just more reasons I imagine masseurs will largely offer therapeutic only service on these apps.

The major advantages to these apps for masseurs is that they advertise and do some of the coordination for you so that you’re spending less time texting replies to non-serious inquiries. That’s about the only advantage I see.

• 5 months later...

It looks like Soothe has completely changed their schedulingUI for the better. I used to only see 2-4 available providers when booking and now it’s showing close to 30 available providers for each hour of the day that you can choose from.