LA Pride vs. WEHO Pride Backstory?

muscleboyinsd

I only now figured out that WEHO Pride moved out of West Hollywood in 2020 and became LA Pride... and I also see that WEHO has it's own Pride, which is happening right now.  I read an article from 2020 in the LA Times about the change in the "LA Pride" location.  But I was wondering if knows any more about the backstory for how the split happened.  (I haven't been to WEHO since Covid)

Thanks to Google, I found this LA Times article:

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig
WWW.LATIMES.COM

L.A. Pride is leaving West Hollywood after four decades in the city.

At least one West Hollywood City Council member appears to have been uneasy with the relationship between the City of West Hollywood and Christopher Street West, the organization that runs the pride festivities.

The article notes the parade is returning to Hollywood Boulevard, which is the original "home" to the parade. 

Given the emergence of LGBTQ+ communities all over LA, such as the ones in Silver Lake and Hollywood, it seems fitting that the parade move to an LA neighborhood. 

That's the article I read that let me know that LA Pride was different from WEHO Pride.  But somehow it just seemed like there was more to the story.  I will finally be going back to visit WEHO later this month.  I will go back to one of my old breakfast haunts (which has been around for a long long time) and see if they know anything else about it.