To Leslie

Sydneysider

I watched this film because of the Oscar controversy it created. I also remember the lead, Andrea Riseborough, from an episode of Netflix's Black Mirror, where she played a housewife with a successful career who will kill to protect her secret. There were hard to watch scenes there but I thought Andrea was very good in it.

I thought she was also good in the movie, To Leslie. And the movie itself is very good with very good performance from the supporting cast. I found myself crying in a lot of scenes. This is the kind of films I'd like to watch; great story, no complex plot, devoid of distracting visual effects... just a simple story of everyday people but well-acted.

For me, the Oscar frontrunner for Best Actress will be her and Cate Blanchett. But after hearing the latter's speech on Critics Choice basically shitting on her own award after getting it, I prefer Andrea getting the Oscar trophy this year.

To Leslie isn't available in any streaming platform in Australia so I downloaded it through torrent.