Traveling Masseurs vs. Hometown

Do you prefer sticking with local masseurs, or do you enjoy making appointments with the visitors traveling through?

I do a little of both, but lately, I've been disappointed with the locals.  There are a couple that I return to that I know are really good.  So, I've been on a kick lately of looking for the ones traveling through.  If I reflect on those experiences, I think I have been happier overall with my choices.  

4 hours ago, questbear said:

Do you prefer sticking with local masseurs, or do you enjoy making appointments with the visitors traveling through?

I do a little of both, but lately, I've been disappointed with the locals.  There are a couple that I return to that I know are really good.  So, I've been on a kick lately of looking for the ones traveling through.  If I reflect on those experiences, I think I have been happier overall with my choices.  

I like to do a mix; however, several masseurs locally are my type and give a great massage, so traveling masseurs really have to appeal to me. The last traveling masseur I scheduled overslept and didn't hear me knocking on his hotel room door, so that was a bust (then we each got pissy in our text exchanges). I also tend to find that travelers charge more because they're trying to help cover their expenses; I don't mind that, but it seems I get better service from my regular locals. And I've seen some really lousy ones come through town.

4 hours ago, Otterlybelievable said:

I’m in NYC so we’ve got tons of options, and since I don’t really enjoy massages on beds, it’s hard to find traveling masseurs to be worth the experience sometimes (unless they have a massage table available to them)

Agreed, I much prefer having a massage in on a table rather than a hotel bed. 

2 hours ago, wallnut said:

Agreed, I much prefer having a massage in on a table rather than a hotel bed. 

Does a massage table able to support two adult bodies? I'm wondering if there's an upsell and the masseur agrees to sit on you, would you all have to move on a bed?

2 hours ago, newdad said:

Does a massage table able to support two adult bodies? I'm wondering if there's an upsell and the masseur agrees to sit on you, would you all have to move on a bed?

I am a larger man, around 275 at the moment because I've gained a bit of weight back.  When I started getting massages, I weighed around 340.  I guess it depends on the table, but at my heaviest, I had masseurs jump on the table with me and it held up fine.  -  Now I have also been turned down by several masseurs claiming that their table can only hold up to 250 lbs.  I always ask if they accept all boy types.