Tributes and Drains

muslnicknj

I’m not sure if this is the right forum for this topic, but I’d love if someone could explain what tributes and drains are. I see a lot of this on Twitter with alpha types. I guess I don’t understand the concept of sending money to someone without getting something in return. Usually I get a custom vid when I send someone money, but it seems like there are a lot of guys who send money for nothing. 

2 hours ago, DynamicUno said:

I'm pretty sure those are terms associated with "findom" types.  Tribute would be the cash offered, drain is the act of getting cash out of the target's account.  

Thanks. I thought drain meant that the alpha does something to get the target to cum. I’m too old to understand any of this, lol. 

3 minutes ago, guru68 said:

It's a legit kink, and there are guys who really are into it from both sides. There are also a lot of guys who think that being an "alpha" just means being a demanding asshole, YMMV.

Yeah I've had some providers try to do some findom stuff on me and it's a big turnoff. I just don't get it. I'm also a bit skeptical that there's a lot of clients who are into FinDom. I don't know, maybe there are but I feel like this often comes more from the provider than the client. 

2 minutes ago, keroscenefire said:

Yeah I've had some providers try to do some findom stuff on me and it's a big turnoff. I just don't get it. I'm also a bit skeptical that there's a lot of clients who are into FinDom. I don't know, maybe there are but I feel like this often comes more from the provider than the client. 

It's not my thing, either, but I do know a few people who get a legit submissive turn-on from it. I'd say like all intense kinks, the important thing is to have a relationship with someone you trust. Of course, being into it doesn't make you a slave to it.