2022 World Tour Finals

BSR

A lot of interesting storylines in this edition of the ATP year-end championships.  Feel free to comment on the dubs, but I'll focus on the singles for this post.

Novak is in the tougher (imo) red group with Medvedev, Tsitsipas, and Rublev.  Rafa is in the green group with Auger-Aliassime, Ruud, and Fritz.  I think Novak comes in hungrier than usual, with a desire to assert his spot in the pecking order.  Rafa has a chance to end the year #1 if he reaches the final undefeated or wins the tournament.  Medvedev & Taitsipas are looking for a good result after disappointing fall indoor seasons.  For FAA (Auger-Aliassime is too long to type out all the time), who has had a great indoor season, the WTF would be his biggest title ever.  Fritz must be thrilled to get in as the alternate (Alcaraz withdrew, oblique injury).  Honestly, I'm not expecting much from Ruud & Rublev.

I'm a bit bummed that Holger Rune didn't make it in.  With his new baby and a stubborn ab injury, I expected Rafa to withdraw.  But I guess he couldn't pass up the chance to win his first ever WTF nor the chance at the year-end #1.