Pensacola on Memorial Day?

This topic is 811 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

My partner "Chris" says he's always wanted to go to Pensacola during the gay days around Memorial Day. I'm hoping some of you have done this and have some tips for us..... Thanks!

Sadly, my straight friends from Mobile talked up Pensacola being this gay magnet of the gulf coast, but I never went out to find any significant gay nightlife on my visits.  

I found the downtown Pensacola art walk nights to be very fun.  I'd start off at Seville Quarter then wind up at Wild Greg's Saloon to watch the youthful 20s show off their line dancing prowess.  

Interested in memorial day experiences as well, Pensacola and Mobile are nice slower/less expensive options compared to New Orleans.  

22 minutes ago, BeamerBikes said:

Interested in memorial day experiences as well, Pensacola and Mobile are nice slower/less expensive options compared to New Orleans.  

It ain't less expensive that week-end! The Hampton Inn is one of the cheaper options at $500/night, and the Hilton is some $700+ when you add resort fees and the like! 😬 Luckily, I have points...

Ohh, I forgot to mention it was also expensive and think I should have taken my money and done a week vacation in Europe for the price of my weekend trip. Unfortunate to say this but me and my boyfriend aren't sure we will go back considering it was just OK for the high cost.

Thanks for the advice. I have a very long-standing friend who now lives there. He's a retired Navy officer, whom I knew many years ago when there still was a naval air base near Oakland. When it closed, he was transferred to Pensacola, and he stayed there when he retired (just prior to being promoted to rear admiral). I've been hoping to see him again for a long time, and this gives me an excuse.